Welcome!

This question has been flagged
1 Reply

Hello, 

Since new update combat is acting weird for me. Mercs do not heal as they used too, they swing very slowly compared to before. The merc also follows at a very slow speed. The commands like *merc name* stats is not working for me. He does not seem to cast concentrate weapon at all when ordered to attack / guard.

*Edit* He has no tithing points, i cannot make him tithe, i tried with gold in my pack, wont work. I made him grab a stack of gold and then tithe, he ''Spent'' the gold tithing but did not gain tithing points.

I cannot get a fluid fight. My character will swing  an attack anywhere between 2 up to 30+ seconds between each strikes..(using evo composite bow atm).  So defeating bosses i could before right now seems impossible. Also tried with some other weapons, swords / axes seem to work ok but not as fast as before. I tried with the Scythe Of Faith (wich drops from a vampire) and it will not swing at all.

I may have crashed the server by typing [missingrecipes.

My hues seem to be off for me since latest client update. 

I cannot use animal lore, i always get this system message :  You must wait a few moments to use another skill.

Ethy mounts are acting weird. My mercs ethy horse is not showing up (rides invisible mount) and my Ethy charger of the fallen is unusable (weird icon marked unused) and cannot be clicked / dragged im my backpack , same for my mercs ethy horse (wich is now on the ground of the new social hub) .

Discard

Hiya Kovax,

Thank you for the detailed report. I will tackle issues one by one. We'll be all the bugs !

So first, speed. Indeed, the is a big overhaul about speed and how it is calculated. Formerly, it used to be in "integer" value. So 40 speed, meant 4.0 in the new system. It is possible some existing weapons and mobiles may not have their speed levels adapted. Let me know in game which items you own, and I'll fix them all manually with you.
Item from vendors will probably get corrupted also, as they were stored in them before the patch. Ill find a workaround.

Combat not fluid is linked with speed. It will get fixed when old items are converted manually in-game.

Mercenaries move at a "normal" speed. Don't you think they were walking a bit too fast before ? lol ;-)
But it shouldn't be to the point of them not being able to follow their owners. I'll check.

Okay so there is a bug with Tithing and Mercs. I'll fix that.

Speaking to your Mercenary doesn't seem to work. Merc attack, or merc stats should work. I'll have a look at that bug also.

[missingrecipes had a null check error. It is fixed and displaying recipes correctly now. It is possible that some former recipes are missing now, but they won't be taken into account for crafting those items (which aren't craftable anymore).

Weird thing about Hues ? Have you checked the Hue room ? Is it also off compared to pre-patch ? I'll have a look. Probably wrong hues files on the server.

Animal Lore and timers. I've seen an error in the logs about wrong times. I'll go and update those and it should fix skills not resetting (animal lore is probably not the only one I fear. It's a global issue with how dates are now caluclated as Ticks and not DateTime anymore)

Ethereal had a huge rework. New one will be okay, but existing ones will need a few adjustments. I thought I did it while deserializing old saves, but it may have not worked as intended. Let's meet in game and check if I can set them correct MountedID's. Thanks !

Oh, and old powerscrolls not working. Keep them, I'll Prop them in-game and their should be ok.

Sorry for all this ! But believe me, it's worth all the hassle. Latest UO expansions added a lot of content and UO White Wolf is the only Shard having latest OSI and so many custom systems. Well, at least, I think ! rofl

Author

Good morning! Oh i am sure it is worth it.

For the hue issue, in the hue room i see plenty of pitch black spots. It was not like that before i updated to a fresh install for the 7.0.102.3 version of the client.

Haaa ! Thanks for the update about the hue room. Not sure we can post screenshots here on the forum. I will try so you can compare with how I see them.

For the weapon speed, I have found a fix on the test center. Next patch will fix all weapons with 0s Weapon Speed. I checked your Scythe of Wrath and it had 0 second as speed. Sooooo weird. But all okay very soon.

As we have tested together with Kovax in game, all range combat is broken. I will work on fixing this ASAP
Thanks Kovax for the tests !

Author

Also some vendors that are selling Power scrolls for max stats (+20) etc are now (-130 to -140)

Discard