Welcome!

This question has been flagged
1 Reply

I was able to control my bone deamon Evo last night cant today saying I don't have the required  skill to control  it do I need more taming and lore to control  them

Discard

Hi,

I had the same issue. I will post here the comment that Tharmine answered me.

Hi Kovak,

We met in game, but I will also answer here so everyone what to do.

With Kovak, we have found a bug. Some pets require a little more Animal Taming than what you can read on UO Guide or similar guides (Startics UO Wiki, …).

For example, Vampiriac Steeds require a little bit more than 100.0, which actually forces you to find a 105 Power Scroll in Animal Taming.

Also, it is calculated on “real taming”, a bonus won’t help there. This is especially true when you try to unshrink your pet with a pet leash.

Now about EVO Pets, including Mercenaries, there are several things going on.

EVO Pets will level. You can check their XP with [ep. They go from Stage 1 to Stage 6 or higher as described in the guide on the forum.

Each new stage, an EVO Pet will be harder to control, both in the number of control slots they require, and for the Animal Taming required to use/unshrink them.
Make sure to train your Animal Taming to 120 for EVO Pets, as maximum stage require 120 (real).

Last thing about pets in general. If you don’t feed them they will loose loyalty. They will eventually go wild and will be lost forever. It is very important to keep their loyalty high.

Hopefully this helps ! :-)

Author

Ty I'll have to find some ps and get to 120

Discard